The Coastal Challenge is open to individuals and teams of individuals, amateur and professional runners. Unlike any other ultra marathon, TCC offers you a choice: to enter the Expedition or Adventure category. If you want to run hard and fast, the Expedition category is a true test for the more experienced runner. Or sign up for the Adventure category and experience the adventure of a lifetime, while passing through the diverse and challenging landscapes of one of the most magical and inaccessible places in the world.
The Coastal Challenge is one of the world’s most inspiring and gruelling multi-stage races. Running 236km in six stages, this race has tested the mental toughness, will and endurance of some of the best ultra trail runners of the world as well as runners from all walks of life who have toed the line each year.
Jungle and rainforest trails, mountain trail and single track across ridge lines, highlands and coastal ranges; pristine beaches, rocky outcroppings and reefs, river valleys, river and estuary crossings…we’ve got it all. It ends in Corcovado National Park, which is one of the premier rainforest experiences in the world, as well as a Unesco World Heritage site.
What it includes:
Official Event Shirt
Transportation from Best Western Irazu, San Jose to the race start
Medical Assistance – qualified U.S. and Costa Rican Medical Doctors, EMTs, and on call Medical Helicopter.
Race support and experienced staff
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner each day during the race prepared by Food Nutritionist and Catering Staff
Aid Stations (Fresh Fruit and Bottled Water, Electrolyte Drink, Sodas)
Evening Campsite Locations
Party and Awards Dinner and ceremony
Finishers medal and prizes
Transportation from the Race Finish to San Jose, Costa Rica
Sports Medicine Masseuse/Chiropractor are available (additional cost)
Race bag. (road book and schwag-bag) for all participants and guests
New friends, several blisters, and many new memories to take back home!
What it does not include:
• Your flight
• The night or nights before race start at the Best Western Irazu Hotel
• Accommodations after the race is over and you have left Drakes Bay
• Private Tent rental during the race: (300$) this option is selected on the registration form) – this includes tent transportation, set up and take down
• Massages during the race (additional cost)
• Food/nutrition while racing each day (you are responsible for packing and preparing your pack for the day with enough calories and hydration). Aid stations are provided with some snacks and lots of water, but not as many snacks as you may be used to. You will need to rely on packing your own nutrition.
• If you don’t leave Drakes Bay with the race (the morning after the race finish) you will be responsible for booking/planning your own transportation back to San Jose
There are invoice processing fees that will be charged to each invoice sent, effective October 1, 2018
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Total cost is $2550 USD.
option to add private tent (shared tent option included) for $300
Payments are done in two instalments: a $900 deposit, due at registration. The remainder ($1650) is due November 1, 2019.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
You have 30 days after registration to cancel for a full refund.
Beyond 30 days you have the option to transfer/rollover 50% to the following year. Within 120 days of the race event, there are no roll over options.
Check out our FAQ’s.